We are assembling a founding engineering team to create the world's next great social platform – one that brings us together again in the real world. Woopdo is everything that other social platforms are not. It’s a place to experience real connection, get inspired and try things you never thought would be fun. We like to think of it as the serotonin or happiness app. Another is the anti-procrastination, make-the-smallest-things-fun, bonding with friends app. We’ll figure out what to call it, but here’s how it works: Woopdo allows anyone to create mini experiences called Woops that you do with your friends in the real world. The key idea is doing. Let’s go shop for a new dress today. Let’s meditate for 2min. Let’s learn to spike a volleyball. Whatever you enjoy doing, Woopdo helps you find your tribe and share your passion in a one of a kind, never to be repeated live event that happens right on your phone.
Founding iOS Developer
We are looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial developer with mad iOS skills who’s passionate about using social media to make a positive impact. You’ll be joining a veteran team of entrepreneurs with multiple funded startups, Y-combinator graduates, and deep social platform expertise. As an engineer at Woopdo, you will join a startup as the second iOS engineer, along with a couple backend engineers, and own the technology stack and all things related to platform development. You will help shape the product and translate user needs and pain points into a fully developed app. You will be part of the founding team, involved in all major decisions and build an amazing company from the ground up.
- iOS app development (Swift) / 3+ years
- Experience building product from ground up
- Experience shipping scalable products
- Passion for helping the world
- Fluent English
Highly Desirable Requirements
- An entrepreneurial drive and willingness to take risk
- Passion for social field, experience with social platform systems a plus
- Ability to drive work forward with minimal supervision, highly motivated
- Comfortable working in an agile environment with rapid iteration cycles
- Team-oriented and collaborative, able to work CEO and UX designers and others
- A love for solving problems end-to-end, logical, analytical, and creative approach
- Excellent communication skills, clear, timely, succinct, asynchronous
- A kind, fun and humble teammate
A full time paid role in combination with meaningful equity i.e. your primary motivation is stock equity as you join the founding team and get direct ownership in the company.ng.
The incubator is based in San Francisco and Barcelona. This is a remote role although if you’re based where we are we’ll have an opportunity to meet at one of our offices.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.